Late Breaking News
Archive for May 23rd 2012
VA has noted that the higher rate of medical-care usage is the result of higher survival rates for the seriously wounded, higher incidents of PTSD and other mental-health problems and the willingness of more veterans to seek treatment for menta...
Good news in lung surgery Technological advances have made surgery a better option for older patients with multiple co-morbidities, especially with lung cancer. “In the past 10 years, surgery has seen advances in minimally-invasive techniques, ...
Inpatient Performance Measures For Stroke Care Thrombolytic therapy administered to eligible patients Deep vein thrombosis prophylaxis Dysphasia screening before oral intake Antithrombotic by hospital day 2 Assessed for rehabilitation Discharg...
The project’s goals include: Improved monitoring for and management of physical-health problems among veterans taking atypical antipsychotic medications; Improved adherence to guidelines around metabolic monitoring for antipsychotic medication; de...
Most Popular Stories
- Many Healthcare Providers Lose VA Retention Bonuses
- Federal Medicine Organizational Meetings — Tarred with the Same Brush?
- Despite Formulary, High-Cost Diabetes Drug Use Varies Widely Across VA Facilities
- Report Says Administration Faces Hard Choices For Veterans Programs
- Physician Overcomes TBI to Return to Active-Duty Medicine
Join Our E-Mail List