Late Breaking News
Archive for June 8th 2013
VHA Innovations in Care
The prevalence of diabetes in the U.S. population increased from 18.0 million (6.3%) in 2002 to 25.7 million (8.3%) in 2009 [including one-third undiagnosed].
WASHINGTON — While the Obama administration recently introduced its proposed Fiscal Year 2014 budget, tribal advocates still have FY 2013 on their minds and are expressing worry about the impact that sequestration is having on healthcare funds for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN) for the remainder of the fiscal year.
WASHINGTON — DoD has released updated procedures to improve response to sexual-assault and care for victims.
WASHINGTON —With a potential billion dollars at stake, the VA is under fire for not addressing overpayments to veterans with temporary disability ratings whose conditions are not re-evaluated in a timely manner.
WASHINGTON — In the wake of a recent federal report finding that schedules have been delayed and costs substantially increased for VA medical construction projects in Las Vegas, Denver, Orlando and New Orleans, a key legislator called the agency’s construction program “dysfunctional.”
Most Popular Stories
- Many Healthcare Providers Lose VA Retention Bonuses
- Federal Medicine Organizational Meetings — Tarred with the Same Brush?
- Despite Formulary, High-Cost Diabetes Drug Use Varies Widely Across VA Facilities
- Report Says Administration Faces Hard Choices For Veterans Programs
- Physician Overcomes TBI to Return to Active-Duty Medicine
Join Our E-Mail List