Late Breaking News
Archive for 2013
Weight Gain Often Occurs Soon After Discharge
WASHINGTON - For veterans, one of the riskiest times for weight gain is immediately following discharge. The transition from the active military lifestyle to a relatively sedentary one can be a struggle for former servicemembers who are trying to maintain healthy weight and physical fitness levels.
WASHINGTON - Extremity loss, traumatic brain injury and eye injury each have their own DoD center of excellence, but urotrauma has not received the same policy attention and care coordination as those other types of common injuries, a urologist told a subcommittee of the House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs Committee.
Most Popular Stories
- Many Healthcare Providers Lose VA Retention Bonuses
- Federal Medicine Organizational Meetings — Tarred with the Same Brush?
- Despite Formulary, High-Cost Diabetes Drug Use Varies Widely Across VA Facilities
- Report Says Administration Faces Hard Choices For Veterans Programs
- Physician Overcomes TBI to Return to Active-Duty Medicine
Join Our E-Mail List