Late Breaking News
A Randomized Controlled Trial on Women’s Substance Abuse Treatment (WPR)
Purpose: To examine the efficacy of an evidence-based gender-specific treatment model for women veterans with substance use disorder (SUD).
Strategic Timing of Antiretroviral Treatment
Objective: To find out if the chance of developing a serious illness or of getting AIDS is less if patients start taking HIV medicines at a time when their CD4-positive cell count is still fairly high.
WASHINGTON, DC—“A cure for Alzheimer’s (AD) has not been found on my watch, but the momentum is there,” said Marcelle Morrison-Bogorad, PhD, at what might be her last opportunity to speak before Congress as the director of the National Institute on Aging’s neuroscience division.
Editor-in-Chief, Chester 'Trip' Buckenmaier III
MD, COL, MC, USA
As the first decade of the 21st century passes into history, Outlook 2011 provides a forum for federal medicine’s leadership to examine this past decade of unprecedented change and provide their vision of the future. Some of the highlights of this issue include perspectives from the service Surgeons General.
Most Popular Stories
- Many Healthcare Providers Lose VA Retention Bonuses
- Federal Medicine Organizational Meetings — Tarred with the Same Brush?
- Despite Formulary, High-Cost Diabetes Drug Use Varies Widely Across VA Facilities
- Report Says Administration Faces Hard Choices For Veterans Programs
- Physician Overcomes TBI to Return to Active-Duty Medicine
Join Our E-Mail List