Late Breaking News
The Closing of Walter Reed Army Medical Center...
In 2005, the Base Realingment and Closure Committee recommended that the Walter Reed Army Medical Center be closed and that its operations be merged with the National Naval Medical Center. This new tri-service facility, the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is currently scheduled to be operational by September 2011.
- VA Will Introduce Productivity Models for Five MD Specialties This Year
- VA Providers Often Miss EHR Test Result Alerts
- Many Servicemembers Sleep Less than Five Hours a Night
- DoD Now Will Fund Abortions in Pregnancies from Rape, Incest
- Increasing Concentration of Veterans In Rural Areas Poses Challenges for VA
- Strict Federal Conference Limits Affect CME, Staying Current
- Many Healthcare Providers Lose VA Retention Bonuses
- VA's MOVE! Initiative Plagued by Lack of Participation
- VA Study Urging Watchful Waiting for Early Prostate Cancer Sparks Controversy
- Should VA Fund Fertility Treatments for Injured Servicemembers and Spouses?