In a year of grim news, an extraordinary public-private partnership cheered an anxious nation—and the world—with the record-breaking development of multiple vaccines for a deadly virus first detected barely 12 months earlier.
THE VALUE OF THE PARTNERSHIP
Industry and the Federal Customer Working Together
The central focus of the VA over the past five years has been improving veteran access to care.The central focus of the VA over the past five years has been improving veteran access to care. Whether that means enabling veterans to receive care through community programs, expanding telehealth services to reach veterans in rural areas or moving care delivery to more convenient outpatient centers, the department has taken steps with community and industry partners to make it as easy as possible for veterans to receive the care they need when and where they want it.
The VA has long recognized the creativity and problem-solving power that comes from combining a diversity of perspectives with deep expertise.
The VA’s elimination of chronic hepatitis C (HCV) infections in veterans ranks as one of the great public health success stories of the past decade.
Editor’s note: This information was provided by Bayer. The article was not verified or reported by U.S. Medicine.
Our military members are a valuable asset to the security of the nation. For putting their lives on the line, they deserve access to the best medical care
available—both while in service and after they leave the military. But sometimes barriers to treatment can prevent them from accessing the care they need.
Editor’s note: This information was provided by US WorldMeds and was edited for consistency and clarity, but not reported or written by U.S. Medicine staff.
While the COVID-19 pandemic continues to wreak havoc on life in the U.S., closures, staff shortages, and stay-at-home orders have greatly impacted those needing to access the healthcare system for non-COVID reasons.
Editor’s note: This information was provided by AstraZeneca and was edited for consistency and clarity by U.S. Medicine staff. The article was not verified or reported by U.S. Medicine, however.
Defeating COVID-19 has required an unparalleled cooperation between government and private industry across the globe.
Editor’s note: This information was provided by AMSUS and was edited for consistency and clarity by U.S. Medicine staff. The article was not verified or reported by U.S. Medicine, however.
As the disruption of healthcare caused by the COVID-19 pandemic began to ripple across the country in March 2020,
Thank You to AMSUS Sustaining Members and Leadership!
On behalf of our AMSUS-SM companies, I offer my heartfelt gratitude to the following leaders within our organization for their ongoing support of AMSUS, our sustaining members and the federal health professionals we all serve:
- Matt King, vice chairman, AMSUS-SM, Foundation Medicine
- Winston Churchill, secretary-treasurer, AMSUS-SM, Pacira
- Bill Cieri, immediate past-president, AMSUS-SM, Mylan
- Tammy Anderson, co-chair, AMSUS-SM VA Committee, AstraZeneca
- Dan Giffin, co-chair, AMSUS-SM VA Committee, Stryker
- Mitch Brew, co-chair, AMSUS-SM DoD/DHA Committee, 3M
- Dominic Cuccaro, co-chair, AMSUS-SM DoD/DHA Committee, AbbVie/Allergan
- Karen Watkins, co-chair, AMSUS-SM USPHS Committee, J&J/Janssen
- Ron Walters, co-chair, AMSUS-SM USPHS Committee, Cook Medical
- Howard Crawford, co-chair, AMSUS-SM Legislative Committee, Lovell Government Services
- Aubrey Wooley, co-chair, AMSUS-SM Legislative Committee, The Coalition for Government Procurement
- John Zieger, AMSUS-SM Membership Working Group, Bristol-Meyers Squibb
- Madeline Cowie, AMSUS-SM Membership Working Group, Thornhill Medical
- Luciano Kolodny, AMSUS-SM Membership Working Group, Amarin Corporation
Should any AMSUS member or federal health professional have questions about our AMSUS sustaining member organization and how industry might be able to help support their patient care and federal health system goals, please feel free to call on me. TOGETHER we can achieve far more than any one of us on our own. TOGETHER we are going to win this war against SARS-CoV-2. Our AMSUS-SM organization and members look forward to each and every opportunity to serve AMSUS, federal health professionals, and the patients for whom you care.
Be Safe & Stay Healthy!
John DiMaggio, (Chairman, AMSUS Sustaining Members 2018-2020).